What’s new in Sage 300 2018
This release includes the following new features and improvements in both Sage 300c web screens and Sage 300 classic screens:
- Export Declaration Number field. On the Taxes tab of the A/R Invoice Entry and O/E Invoice Entry screens, an Export Declaration Number field allows you to enter export declaration numbers for exported goods. This information is required for tax purposes in some jurisdictions (such as Malaysia and Singapore).
Sage 300c web screens improvements
This release includes the option to install Sage 300c web screens: modernized versions of Sage 300 screens that you can use in a web browser.
Web screens run in parallel with the classic Sage 300 desktop screens, so there’s no need to choose between desktop or web. Everyone in your organization can use the interface that best suits their needs, while working seamlessly with a single shared set of company data.
Here’s a quick overview of what’s new in Sage 300c 2018 web screens:
- Find and open recently used windows. On the web toolbar, a new Recently Used Windows list displays windows you’ve opened recently, making it easy to quickly find and open those windows again.
- Improved performance in the Finder. The Finder displays results faster than in previous versions of Sage 300, particularly when using a large database.
- Improved import/export process in I/C Physical Inventory Quantities screen. When importing and exporting data on the I/C Physical Inventory Quantities screen, you can now choose to import/export data from the detail table (select Inventory Worksheet Header) or the fields above the detail table (select Inventory Worksheet).
Important! When using Sage 300c web screens over an external network or the internet, data must be protected with security measures such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or a Virtual Private Network (VPN). To determine appropriate security measures, consult with your information technology (IT) professional.
If you use Sage Intelligence Reporting Cloud, we recommend that you configure Sage 300c web screens to run in a secured environment using digital certificates. If you do not, warnings will appear in your browser each time you start Sage Intelligence Reporting Cloud.
Web screens are available in English, French, Spanish, and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional). Help and documentation for web screens is available in English and French.
Note: Users may need to adjust their web browser settings to ensure that web screens appear in the correct language. The preferred language for viewing web pages (specified in web browser settings) must match the language specified for the user in their Sage 300 user record.
Sage 300 classic screens improvements
This release includes the following new features and improvements in Sage 300 classic screens:
- Fresh, Modern Look and Feel. We’ve updated Sage 300 classic screens and visual process flows to make it easier to find information and complete tasks:
- The new visual appearance, including redesigned buttons, makes information clearer and more accessible.
- Tools and controls on the desktop now appear on a ribbon (instead of menus and a toolbar), making them easier to find and use.
- A new theme is available for visual process flows.