This section contains a summary of new features and changes in the 2021 release.
Stronger default security settings
When you install Sage 300 2021 new (rather than upgrading from a previous version of Sage 300), security is turned on by default. User passwords must include both letters and numbers, and be at least 8 characters long.
This release includes the following new features and improvements in both Sage 300cloud web screens and Sage 300 classic desktop screens:
- Accept payments through online providers. You can now accept payments from your customers through online payment service providers such as PayPal and Stripe. If you use this feature, invoices include a Pay Now button that your customers can click to pay using any online provider you have set up for your company in Sage 300. For more information, see Accepting Payments Through Online Providers.
- Withholding taxes for sales. In Tax Services, in addition to withholding taxes for purchases, you can now set up withholding taxes for sales. A withholding tax for a sale is applied when selling goods or services to a customer, and allows you to record amounts (some or all of either the selling price or the tax amount) that your customer withholds for a transaction to remit to a tax authority on your behalf.
- Use longer numbers for checks and deposit slips. You can now enter check numbers and deposit slip numbers that are up to fifteen characters long, except in Sage 300 Payroll, where check numbers can be up to nine characters long.
If you use third-party products that integrate with Sage 300 Bank Services, check with the vendor of your third-party product to ensure their product is fully compatible with this release.
- Specify customer account sets in O/E templates. You can now specify customer account sets in Order Entry templates. If you enter a transaction in Order Entry for a customer with no record in Accounts Receivable, the customer account set specified in the O/E template will be entered by default.
This release includes the option to install Sage 300cloud web screens: modernized versions of Sage 300 screens that you can use in a web browser.
Web screens run in parallel with the classic Sage 300 desktop screens, so there’s no need to choose between desktop or web. Everyone in your organization can use the interface that best suits their needs, while working seamlessly with a single shared set of company data.
Here’s a quick overview of what’s new in Sage 300cloud web screens:
- See more information by making text smaller. A new Text Size setting lets you change the size of text on web screens to smaller sizes than the default. Using smaller text lets you see more fields and controls without having to scroll down. You can set text size for all screens, or for individual specific screens, as follows:
- To set text size for all screens, use the Text Size setting on the new Settings menu on the welcome bar.
- To set text size for one specific screen, use the Text Size setting on the Options menu for the screen. (The setting is available on all screens that have an Options menu.)
- Specify BOM numbers on details for shipments, credit notes, and debit notes. For a transaction that was created from scratch in the O/E Shipment Entry or O/E Credit/Debit Note Entry screens (that is, a shipment not created from an order, or a credit/debit note not created from an invoice), when entering a detail for a Bill of Material (BOM), you can now specify a BOM number in the Kit/BOM field.
- Customize report printing so you can keep more web screens open. In web screens, you can have a maximum of ten screens open at a time. By default, each printed report you have open counts toward this limit of ten screens, which may prevent you from opening other web screens. You can now customize web screens so that printed reports do not count as open screens. For more information, see Sage Knowledgebase article 106233.